Published in Clinical Oncology Week, June 26th, 2006
"We present a series of 400 patients with tumor in a solitary kidney who underwent open surgical partial nephrectomy performed by a single surgeon (ACN) with a primary focus on postoperative long-term kidney function. A total of 400 patients with sporadic nonfamilial kidney tumors in a solitary kidney underwent open partial nephrectomy between 1980 and 2002. In 323 patients (81%) the contralateral kidney had been surgically removed, while the remaining 77 (19%) had a congenital solitary kidney," scientists writing in the Journal of Urology reported.
Want to see the full article?
Welcome to NewsRx!
Learn more about a six-week, no-risk free trial of Clinical Oncology Week
NewsRx also is available at LexisNexis, Gale, ProQuest, Factiva, Dialog, Thomson Reuters, NewsEdge, and Dow Jones.