Published in Medical Letter on the CDC and FDA, February 8th, 1999
A 33-year-old Cambodian woman developed lead poisoning after taking Koo Sar pills, which are made in Hong Kong, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said. The woman said she had taken six pills daily during her monthly menstrual cycle for three to four years.
The woman had not reported any symptoms of lead poisoning, but her condition was identified at a free lead screening in February 1997. She had an initial level of 44 micrograms of lead per deciliter of blood.
Want to see the full article?
Welcome to NewsRx!
Learn more about a six-week, no-risk free trial of Medical Letter on the CDC and FDA
NewsRx also is available at LexisNexis, Gale, ProQuest, Factiva, Dialog, Thomson Reuters, NewsEdge, and Dow Jones.