Published in Vaccine Weekly, July 24th, 2002
S.A. Ibrahim and collaborators working in Sudan collected epidemiological and clinical information on 187 patients with a measles diagnosis. When the investigators ran laboratory tests to establish the measles diagnosis, they confirmed measles in only 141 (75%) patients. The other 46 (25%) patients were ill from other diseases or for other reasons. Surprising, 59% of the patients with a confirmed measles diagnosis had been vaccinated against the disease.
Want to see the full article?
Welcome to NewsRx!
Learn more about a six-week, no-risk free trial of Vaccine Weekly