Published in Women's Health Weekly, November 8th, 2001
Researchers from the University of North Carolina report these findings in the October 2001 issue of the journal Infection and Immunity.
Vibrio vulnificus is a bacterium that can cause endotoxic shock following the consumption of contaminated raw shellfish and is considered one of the most invasive and rapidly fatal human pathogens known, with fatality rates over 60%.
Interestingly most of the cases occur in...
Want to see the full article?
Welcome to NewsRx!
Learn more about a six-week, no-risk free trial of Women's Health Weekly
NewsRx also is available at LexisNexis, Gale, ProQuest, Factiva, Dialog, Thomson Reuters, NewsEdge, and Dow Jones.